Friday, August 15, 2008

[Continued]

I got nothing to say now.
My belly is going to burst!
Don't ever look down to the simple dinner..
You just can't feel the mother love behind it!
One of us simply said, "I like baked potatos!"
"Okay! Tomorrow I'll make baked potatos," someone just replied.
"Mo Mo Cha Cha" in Malaysia is very nice!!
"Okay, tomorrow I'll make mo mo cha cha."
Tomorrow night you all don't need to cook ya! We eat duck!
Okay, a roasted duck (without bones) for us. She removed all the bones!
A duck is not enough..
Okay.. We have roasted chicken as well..
Huh?! Guess what! Restaurant meh?!!
Well, it really happens..
Halfway eating, someone just asked,"Is this 鲁鸭?"
"Oh, you want 鲁鸭 is it? Okay, tomorrow I'll buy a duck and make it!"
Everyone stunted.
"NONONONONO!!! Aunty, don't do that!"
"Aiya, you want then I make lo.. So easy only.."
Her daughter finally stared at the girl, "You better keep your mouth shut. Or else she will make more and more! That's why I never say what do I like to eat. Even now I didn't say anything, there's already so much for us until we couldn't finish them!"
The mother started to teach me..
"For this potato, cut this and that, put a little bit butter on it, put into oven, very nice de! Add some baked beans.. fry an egg.. put some meat.. doesn't it look like western food?"
"Hmm.. Oh..okay.." I replied.
Then she went into the kitchen and baked another potato for me.
Wow.. Imagine the extra large potatoes she chose in the market..
I ate two of them!!!
"My mum purposely chose the extra large one.
You know, I bring her traveling around Adelaide, she kept urging me to go back because she wants to cook. She worried that we all will get hungry.
Halfway shopping at rundle mall, she wanted to go back already. We didn't even finish walking half of the street.
I brought her to Hahndorf and she said how come you bring me to a place where there's nothing to see?
I wanted to sleep and yet she asked me to watch drama. I was so sleepy in the bus and yet she was so excited, keep asking me where are we going. I really can't stand her cuteness."
Then the mother replied, "I already told her lo.. Ask her to go back earlier.. You know.. this potatoes need long time to bake.. the roasted duck should be very crispy one!!! Very delicious!"
The conversations make laughters under the pink house.
The mum still busy do the washings and cleanings in the kitchen.
Our pan.. supposedly in black, scrubbed by her until the black dirt all gone!!
I scrubbed so hard also can't remove them!!!
Then the mother said, "You see, now already clean already lo.. Next time if you all want to fry things is so much easier."
*So touched*
Let me have a long breath now.
We appreciate all that.
We requested you to stay here longer.
We need you.
Someone even said,"Can I exchange my mum with yours? My mum boiled all the food because she doesn't know how to cook. Exchange for 1 month would be enough.."
Well, MOTHER's LOVE!! Indescribable!
What else can I say?
We had roasted duck, roasted chicken, Brunei famous prawn crackers, mo mo cha cha, mixed vegetables and baked potatoes for dinner.
Of course we couldn't finish them.
Our neighbour is coming to be our rubbish bin soon.
And I'm going to enjoy my mooncake..

"Tomorrow I'll make popia for you all. And we will have curry again.."
The story is not yet ended. To be continued tomorrow.
Can't wait for the big gathering tomorrow.
Our neighbour will join us for dinner as well.
Till then.

Yvonne
15th August 2008
9.49 pm

No comments: