Sunday, September 28, 2008

Prayers

Prayer is the simplest form of speech
That infant’s lips can try;
Prayer the sublimest strains that reach
The Majesty on high.

"Because He has inclined His ear to me,
therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live."
-Psalm 116:2-

"O LORD, hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief."
-Psalm 143:1-

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
-Psalm 143:8-

Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.
-Psalm 143:10-

The LORD is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.
-Psalm 145:18-19-

Prayer is an intimate conversation with our God.


No comments: